The Body Group is a Physiotherapy and Wellness clinic designed to help you relieve chronic pain and stress with gentle therapies and customised treatment plans.
Our team of health experts will assess and treat your condition offering manual therapy, massage, therapeutic exercise, postural alignment, stretching and core strengthening. We also offer treatments and energetic therapies for stress, unbalanced life situations, poor restorative sleep, weight loss, allergies and chronic health conditions. We offer our services for adults, children and infants.
When you suffer from chronic conditions you need more than symptom relief. You need:
- A solution that works fast
- Professional advice and guidance on a tailor made plan that works for you
- A health care specialist who sees you as a person first and a patient second
- Cost effective treatments to target what you need for relief and to maintain optimal wellness
I'm Caroline Rhodes, Physiotherapist and founder of The Body Group. I have been in the healthcare field for over 30 years, pursuing my passion for better health and increased vitality. In my 20s I sustained a serious injury to my back in a car crash so I understand what it is like to be in pain but I also know how fantastic it feels when balance is restored to the body.
I am constantly exploring new avenues of healing and at The Body Group we have a first-rate team of experts in a wide range of modalities to work hand in hand with you to help you develop a new relationship with your body.
What makes our team of practitioners the best you will find?Contact us with your questions. Our team of practitioners and therapists will review your health concerns and provide recommendations on who to see and how to begin your path to recovery.
Healthy Relationships = Less Stress + More Joy
Take Parent Effectiveness Training this April at the Body Group and build close, mutually respectful relationships with your children and beyond! One November parent said: “This was the most amazing course I have ever taken — skills learnt that will be used for a lifetime.”
What P.E.T. Can Do For Families
All parents want their children to exhibit emotional self-regulation, to speak assertively and to act out of consideration for others (rather than to avoid punishment or get a reward). P.E.T. gives parents a roadmap and lots of practice to help them reach these goals.
Parents will learn concrete ways to meet their children’s needs as well as their own and to solve problems in an enduring way that fosters closeness. Dr. Thomas Gordon, the founder of P.E.T., was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize three times; these communication skills truly improve all human relationships.
Here are some successes participants have shared:
- Mother has been able to Active Listen her tween daughter who, over time, has felt safe enough to open up about being bullied at school. The process of listening helped the daughter to feel understood and to find her own solution and approach to the bully. While the mother was taking the course, her daughter told her twice that she was her BFF (Best Friend Forever)!
- One couple has consistently used Preventive I-Messages with their three children to avoid problems on the weekend, making family time all the more enjoyable.
- Participants have used Confrontive I-Messages not only with their children, but also with their spouses and helpers. “My husband liked that a lot better.” “It was amazing. My helper really understood how sad I was and didn’t get defensive at all.”
About the P.E.T. Course
24 hours. Eight sessions. Three hours each.
This allows parents to go home, practice and come back with their questions. Catherine tailors the material to meet the needs of the ten participants – your time is precious and Catherine wants the role-plays and exercises to be relevant.
This is a skills-building experience that can be followed up with optional monthly refresher meetings. Here’s what one mom has to say:
“My husband and I have attended several P.E.T. refreshers with Catherine after taking the full course last year, and we never fail to learn something new from her at each one. Catherine has unfailing energy and insight into communicating with children. Her empathy and language are inspiring and I always leave determined to improve my own skills following her example. The P.E.T. techniques continue to offer a priceless armature for building healthy and lasting relationships with our children and Catherine continues to be an awesomely skilled and inspiring teacher.”
Fee of 4200HKD includes materials and one refresher meeting (value 300HKD for three hour session).
Free Information Session Thursday, March 26 at the Body Group, 12-1pm
- How to help a child when she has a problem (“I hate Matt! I wish he were never born!” — what most parents would say & an alternative)
- An effective way to confront a child when his behavior is unacceptable (like playing on your phone and not handing it over when you get a call!)
- An overview of the P.E.T. course
- What a typical class looks like
- When and how the workbook and text are used
- About Catherine and why she believes so deeply in this paradigm and set of skills
April Course Dates
Thursdays, April 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28, June 4 & 11. 9:30am-12:30pm.
Catherine is a Korean American mother of three (16, 14, 11). After graduating from Brown University, she received a Masters of Social Work from Hunter College in New York City, followed by a law degree from New York University. She has lived in Hong Kong seven years.
Now a certified Parent Effectiveness Training instructor, she has found her calling holding courses and writing a “P.E.T. Vitamins” Blog applying the skills to everyday scenarios. Her blog is endorsed by Gordon Training International in Solana Beach, CA and the Effectiveness Training Institute of Australia.
You can read more about Catherine, explore her blog entries, or watch a 2 minute video of her children describing how P.E.T. changed her family at http://www.theacornwithin.com/
Stress is the leading cause of illness. What if you could learn an effective technique that will allow you to release any negative emotion in minutes? It can be performed for work situations, worry over deadlines, pressure to perform, fatigue, pain, and in your personal life as well for relationships with family, social and work situations. EFT can also be taught to children to help them with worries over exams, bullying, moving, making friends or feeling left out.
In this 3-day course, you will learn to use EFT to treat yourself and children.
The course covers:
- A detailed description of EFT and its effectiveness
- Ways in which negative emotions can disrupt our energy system
- How a healthy energy system can improve our life
- Ways to handle some of the blocks to EFT
- An introduction to Matrix Reimprinting and Meta-Health
- Principles from the ‘Palace of Possibility’
- Ways to minimise the pain of uncomfortable memories
- How to identify core issues
- How to work with cravings, physical pain and phobias
This training is recognized by the EFT and Matrix Reimprinting Academy towards becoming a practitioner or for personal use.
By: Caroline Rhodes
Cost: HK$5,000 (Paypal HK$5,220 included HK$220 admin fee)
Date:Friday, 29 May 2015 10am-6pm
Saturday, 30 May 2015 10am-6pm
Monday, 1 June 2015 10am-6pm
Kefir and Kombucha have a long history of use in many parts of the world and research shows that the bacteria in fermented foods are powerful aids in healing numerous health conditions and imbalances.
For example, fermented foods:
- improve digestive health and help in cases of food intolerance and nutrient deficiency;
- boost the immune system (especially helpful in cases of arthritis, eczema and persistent cough);
- balance hormones and work effectively in cases of PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) which is an imbalance of hormones;
- help to stabilise blood sugar;
- correct imbalances caused by bacterial, yeast or fungus infections and overgrowth (including candida and helicobacter pylori);
- aid in recovery from UTIs (urinary tract infections);
- increase energy levels;
- help the food’s nutrients become more available to us by increasing our body’s ability to actually absorb them;
- enhance the quality of breast milk and
- balance the body before, during and after pregnancy.
Bacteria is often looked upon as a something we should avoid but it is in fact vital to the function of our digestive and immune systems. It is very important therefore to have the right bacteria in our bodies at all ages, from babyhood right through to old age.
Come and learn an easy and effective way to improve your body’s health through the use of Kefir and Kombucha. In the class you will learn how to make and flavour broth and how to make almond milk and coconut yoghurt. In addition we will discuss the overall power and effectiveness of bacteria. Once you understand this you will have the confidence to make these superfoods for yourself and your families.
This class is great for beginners and is also a valuable ‘refresher’ for all fermenters. Come and be inspired, educated, and motivated to change your life and find your strength.
Everyone’s health can be improved with a little good bacteria!
Problems Solved. Please register for Annette’s workshop.
The workshops will begin with a presentation by Annette followed by a Q and A session.
Annette Aylmer has trained in both teaching and nursing which together has given her the experience to handle the demanding roles of a maternity nurse. She has over 20 years’ experience in supporting parents in any issues they may have and is dedicated to ensuring that her clients fully enjoy their new babies.
Annette specialises in multiple babies and general newborn care but she is also skilled in the care of older children and sleep issues. She helps establish sleeping and feeding routines, provides guidance on all aspects of baby and child care, and supports parents through this special transition. She fully adapts to the needs of any clients and their parenting choices and is able to offer support structures, advice and options based on many years of experience to work out what approach works best for parents and children. Annette takes a holistic overview. She knows that every family is different and she works proactively to solve problems and seek solutions.
Annette is from England but has lived in Hong Kong for almost 20 years. She divides her time mainly between the UK and Hong Kong but as an international maternity nurse she often works all over the world in such places as America, France and Singapore as well as the UK and Hong Kong.